I am often asked, "What is Craniosacral Therapy?"
Join me for a glimpse into how I use Craniosacral Therapy to help people move away the aches, pains, and stresses of life allowing them to use their energy to enjoy more and be more present.
What is Craniosacral Work?
Craniosacral is a gentle, light-touch method that relieves stress and restores balance to the body by supporting people's nervous systems.
Your craniosacral system is made up of the bones, connective tissues, nerves, and fluids, of your cranium (skull) and spinal area.
How Can it help?
Craniosacral work helps people overcome health issues that include back pain, whiplash, headaches, chronic injury, insomnia, depression, stress, and anxiety.
The method can be used alone or in conjunction with other modalities, including EMDR, Trauma Resolution Therapy, Somatic treatments, Acupuncture, and Transformational Coaching to help people improve their quality of life.
Craniosacral helps people to overcome:
Immune System Disorders
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Tinnitus & Middle Ear problems
TMJ (Jaw) disorders
Relieve stress and improve coping mechanisms
Stress, trauma, and illness restrict the natural flow of cerebrospinal fluid through the body and Craniosacral work helps people restore that flow, enabling the body to alleviate the aches, pains, and strains of life.
Strengthen the Body's Immune System
Science has shown that stress causes the body's immune system to weaken, making people more susceptible to illness. Craniosacral Work supports people's central nervous systems to strengthen the immune system and build resilience against illness and fatigue.
Work with other Therapies
Craniosacral Work can be used alone or in conjunction with other healing methods including Trauma Resolution therapy, EMDR, Psychotherapy, Somatic treatments, Acupuncture, Massage, and medicine work. Craniosacral helps people reconnect with parts of themselves that may have become vulnerable due to trauma, injury, or illness so that they can free up their energy to enjoy more of their lives.
What You will be doing:
• ALL Clients will be required to wear a face mask or nose and mouth covering during the session
• Please bring 2 of your own sheets for your treatment
• Observe Social distancing in any common areas
• There may be a delay for admittance if you arrive too early for an appointment- text me and wait at the door
• Wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering
• Use the box and coat hooks in the treatment room for personal items
• Phone asap if you feel ill or have any reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID19
• It is recommended to dress in comfortable clothes and not to wear jeans for Craniosacral Sessions
• I advise clients to schedule 30 - 60 minutes of free-time after sessions to allow your body to integrate the work, perhaps take a walk, rest, or journal
What I will be doing:
• I will meet you at the door, wearing PPE, and you will enter straight into your treatment room
• Hand sanitizer will be available in each room for client use
• Windows will be open and fans will be used to air out each treatment room between visits
• Treatment tables will have minimal coverage, to allow surface areas to be cleaned between treatments.